Mac-Consult

[Tailor-Made Macintosh Consultancy & Support] A Mac guru and a graphic communication design professional with 20+ years experience working in multinational environments in both Hong Kong and the PRC. Thorough understanding in the application of Mac computing in graphic design, DTP, digital imaging, pre-press and printing. Strong in strategic design thinking, problem solving skills and Mac technology in the creative and production process.

14 July 2005

My favorite browser

Which software update will make you feel excited or keep you impatient? Firefox is one. Today I updated mine from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 -- even such a minor upgrade will make me excited -- and it's significantly faster!

Read this from WIRED:
“Over 10 days in October [2004], more than 10,000 donors visited the Spread Firefox site and kicked in an average of $25 apiece, enough to pay for a two-page spread. The Firefox ad ran in the Times on December 16, featuring the name of every donor in barely readable, 4.5-point type, prompting another deluge of downloads."

2 Comments:

At Tue Jul 26, 06:57:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger ablogaday said...

Here's my brother's comment:

"Since the day you introduce firefox to me, I installed it in my computer it really works excellently. I also installed it in the computer in my office. Since then, there was no spyware attack anymore. Excellent recommendation! -- Kwan (Jul-25-05)"

 
At Fri Sep 23, 01:23:00 PM GMT+8, Blogger ablogaday said...

Here's the latest roundup review from Macworld, dated 22 Sept 2005.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home